This post follows the Bearish Case of Digital Transformation. The bullish case of Digital Transformation is a scenario where productivity growth in many industries approaches 3% or higher for a sustained period (2020+) and the product/service quality is continuously improving.
There is a good chance that the bullish case comes true, especially if advances in foundational components of Digital Transformation feed each other and geo-political conditions return to a tranquil state.
Let’s revisit the foundational components of Digital Transformation listed below.
- Mobile and Cloud Computing
- Internet of Things (Sensors, Intelligent Machines, etc.)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Genomics and Synthetic Biology
- New Energy Sources
In the benign scenario, Moore’s law continues to hold true for computing, ubiquitous communications (mobile and fixed broadband) become dirt cheap, mobile phones are miniature super computers with unlimited intelligence and computing power aided by Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence endows robots to become reasonably autonomous and intelligent to eliminate human drudgery, clean energy is ubiquitous and cheaper than the cheapest fossil fuel and genomics/synthetic biology eliminate disease and ensure sustainable and plentiful food supply. Sounds like Utopia? This is the type of future many techno-utopians imagine to be coming.
Latest posts by Kris Gorrepati (see all)
- Omni-channel Commerce’s time has come and gone - October 25, 2017
- Convenience and experiential retail can wreak havoc on Consumer Product Goods (CPG) industry - October 20, 2017
- Can wearables help normal people shoot basketball like Steph Curry - April 26, 2017